11. Sınıf Meb Yayınları İngilizce Ders Kitabı Sayfa 132 Cevabı 2017 – 2018 Yeni Müfredat
11. Sınıf Meb Yayınları İngilizce Ders Kitabı Sayfa 132 Cevabı
Look at the photos and label the names of the singers / groups.
O Elvis PRESLEY Q Spice Giriş Q Hozier Q Duran Duran Q The Beatles Q Bob MARLEY
r2 Do the mini trivia quiz.
1. Elvis Presley used to be a…………before he became famous.
a) carpenter b) truck driver c) mechanic
2. Ringo Starr, George Harrison, Paul Mc Cartney and…………were the members of The Beatles.
a) John Lennon b) Paul Anka c) John Travolta
3. Spice Girls sold over…………million records worldwide, making them the best-selling female
band of all time.
a) 80 b) 50 c) 70
4. Bob Marley’s full name was…………Marley.
a) Parish Nesta b) Bob Parish c) Nesta Robert
5. Duran Duran is an English…………band formed in Birmingham.
a) R&B b) new wave c) rock
6. Hozier’s “Better Love” was created especially for the film…………..
a) Now You See Me 2 b) Ice Age 5 c) The Legend of Tarzan
A QUICK LOOK AT THE HISTORY OF POP
It’s about 80 years since parents first said, Turn it down. ’
‘50s singers were easy to listen to. The women used to have natural and beautiful smiles while the men have good looks and confident hearty voices. In 1954, 19 year old Elvis Presley walked into Sun Studios in Memphis. He didn’t know that he was there to change the world of popular music forever. Quickly, Elvis went from being an unknown truck driver to the King of Rock ‘n’ Roll. Parents couldn’t get used to his style though young people embraced him very easily.
As the late ‘50s gave way to the early ‘60s, stars of the previous decade were still having hits but at the same time new young vocal groups were gradually occurring on the stages. The Beatles,
Bee Gees and Santana were just some of them. The young, very quickly got used to their way of performing music as the groups were all producing their own songs. At the end of the decade, Woodstock music festival, which was scheduled over three days in August made its marks for being the one and only of its kind.
There used to be more variety in music in the ‘70s than ever before. Listeners had dozens of genres to choose from like Funk, Soul, R&B and Soft Rock. Later, many of them rose to popularity at different points during the decade. 1975 was the year when the whole world learnt about reggae. ’No Woman, No Cry’ by Bob Marley used to be the single that made Jamaican reggae internationally popular. Led Zeppelin, Abba, Pink Floyd were just some of the best known groups. Moreover, ‘70s used to be the golden era for vinyl records which were affordable to everyone