11. Sınıf Meb Yayınları İngilizce Ders Kitabı Sayfa 133 Cevabı 2017 – 2018 Yeni Müfredat
11. Sınıf Meb Yayınları İngilizce Ders Kitabı Sayfa 133 Cevabı
Circle the correct option.
1. If you turn the music down, you increase / lower/ higher up the volume.
2. If someone has a hearty voice, this means their voice is strong / weak/ bad.
3. If you embrace someone, you refuse / accept / dislike them enthusiastically.
4. A decade is a period of 10 / 25 / 50 years.
5. Gradually means fast/ easily/ slowly.
6. If you make marks on something, this means you have unnecessary/ important/ unimportant effects on it.
7. A dozen is a set of 6 / 8 / 12.
8. If a thing is affordable, you pay less / more / no money.
9. If a thing occurs, it fades / disappears / exists there.
10. If something rises, it decreases / moves up / moves down.
Q Read the text and write true (T) or false (F).
1. During the ‘50s people got used to listening to loud music.___
2. Elvis Presley’s life was a rags to riches story.___
3. No new bands were formed in 1960s.___
4. They used to be Creative as they had written their own lyrics.___
5. People were introduced to different styles of music in ‘70s.___
6. Vinyl records used to be extremely expensive.___
7. Pop videos were popular in the late ‘80s.___
8. Duran Duran was the band which made themselves known using a different strategy.
9. Teens preferred dancing in techno to rock at the discos in ‘00s.___
10. Active use of the Net totally changed the way of music.___
[5) Read the text again and write the important development(s) for each decade.
Pop videos became as important as the music when MTV started in 1981. Bands like Duran Duran and Spandau Ballet used videos to advertise their songs. These bands were new romantics whose songs about love and dancing were a reaction to punk rock. Their clothes used to be very different, too. They used to wear designer clothes and eye make-up. They also had blond streaks in their hair. In addition to all, Michael Jackson’s ‘Off The Wall’ and ‘Bad’ albums and George Michael’s ‘Careless Whispers’ video were the hits of ‘80s.
The musical taste was getting varied. Teens got used to dancing in techno music in the discos. Technetronic entered the Billboard charts with their big hits like ‘Pump up the Jam’ and ‘Get up’. Also, the first all-girl band started in 1994 when a manager advertised for girls who could sing and dance. The five he chose became the Spice Girls who used to be very popular among the young girls. They had a lot of hit records before they stopped recording together in 2000.
In the 21st century, technology has completely changed the way people buy and listen to music. In 2000, nineteen-year-old Shawn Fanning launched Napster so people could download music from the Net. Musicians got used to communicate directly with their fans using the Internet.