10. Sınıf Dikey Yayıncılık İngilizce Çalışma Kitabı Sayfa 134 Cevabı
1. Find the words from the word search puzzle. Use your dictionary to study the meanings of the words.
2. Read the definitions of the words below. Match them with the situations. Write the appropriate numbers in the boxes.
1. pick-pocketing: to steal from someone’s pocket without them realizing
2. mugging: to take something by force from someone, often in the street
3. hijacking: to use force to take control of a plane, ship or a train
4. burglary: to enter a building, often while no one is in it, and steal money or objects
5. shoplifting: to steal things while pretending to shop
6. kidnapping: taking somebody by force and demanding money to free that person
He waited on a dark corner until the young woman turned into the street. Then he jumped out and ran off with her leather handbag.
She often went to the shopping center and took wallets from people shopping. They never felt a thing!
They stopped the millionaire businessman outside his home and forced him to go with them.
They demanded 30 million dollars from the family to free him.
He took a gun out of his pocket and ordered the pilot to fly to Miami.
He waited until night, carefully opened the window and climbed into the house. He took the TV, all the money and jewelry in the locker.
She walked around the department store. Making sure no one was watching, she put two expensive watches into her bag.