10. Sınıf Dikey Yayıncılık İngilizce Çalışma Kitabı Sayfa 137 Cevabı
1. Complete the text with the words below.
came saw stopped crying took walking following raining reading
I was ___________ home last night. It was very dark and it was ___________. The street was empty, but suddenly, I ___________ a man standing at the corner. He was ____________ the newspaper under the rain. I was walking slowly past him when he ____________ me and asked the time. I told him that I didn’t have a watch. He was acting very strangely, so I started to walk faster. Then I noticed he was ____________ me, and I started to run. He caught hold of my arm, snatched my bag and disappeared. Luckily, a policeman ____________ a few minutes later and talked to me. I was ____________ and screaming out loud. He ____________ the details of the man to catch the thief.
2. Imagine that you are a newspaper reporter. Write a newspaper article about a robbery in a public place. Answer the questions below before you start your work. Don’t forget to write a headline for the news.
1. Where was the robbery?
2. When did it take place?
3. How many robbers were there?
4. Were they wearing disguises?
5. Were they armed?
6. What did the workers / customers do?
7. Was anybody injured?
8. What did the robbers take?
9. How did they get away?
10. Who called the police?
11. When did the police arrive?
12. Did the police catch the robbers?