10. Sınıf Dikey Yayıncılık İngilizce Çalışma Kitabı Sayfa 141 Cevabı
1. Read the text and answer the questions below.
Egypt is a country in North Africa. It used to be one of the most powerful countries in the world. It had the strongest government of any civilization at the time. The ancient Egyptians had a big impact on the world. For example, the ancient Egyptians created systems of math, writing and medicine. The ancient Egyptians also created many impressive buildings. Some of the most famous structures are the pyramids. The pyramids are triangleshaped buildings out in the desert. Ancient Egyptians used to build these structures as tombs for Pharaohs and their families. There are over 100 pyramids in Egypt, but archeologists are still exploring the area to find more. The pyramids are mostly on the west bank of the Nile. Many of them are near the Egyptian city of Giza. The Pyramids of Giza are some of the largest structures ever built. Anthropologists believe that it took about more than 30,000 people to build each pyramid. They also think that it took over 20 years to build some of the structures. Except the pyramids, the ancient Egyptians built large statues called Sphinx. These statues are of mythical creatures. They have the head of a man or bird and the body, legs, and tail of a lion. They used to build the Sphinx in front of the pyramids as guards for the tombs of the Pharaohs.
1. What systems did the ancient Egyptians create, and we still use today?
2. Why did they build the pyramids?
3. How many pyramids are there in Egypt?
4. How many people worked in the construction of the pyramids?
5. What does the Sphinx look like?
6. Why did Egyptians use to build the Sphinx in front of the pyramids?
2. What did people use to do in ancient times? Write sentences as in the example.
They used to ride on a horse or a carriage. They didn’t use to drive a car.