10. Sınıf Dikey Yayıncılık İngilizce Çalışma Kitabı Sayfa 155 Cevabı
1. Read the text and circle the best title for it.
a) The History of Data Computing
b) Pros and Cons of Computers
c) The Evolution of Computer Technology
A computer is a programmable machine which we design to automatically carry out a sequence of arithmetic or logical operations. The first use of the word “computer” was in 1613, referring to a person who carried out calculations, or computations, and the word continued with the same meaning until the middle of the 20th century. From the end of the 19th century, the word began to take on its more familiar meaning: a machine which carries out computations. In the beginning, computers were as big as a large room. Later, they became smaller and accessible to anyone. Then we had personal computers. After that, developers created new applications to help users perform many things from word processing to image editing. A large scale of programs have opened new horizons in information technology. Now, computers have noticeable impact on social relations. They have created new forms of social interaction and activities. With the Internet, working with computers has become part of our daily lives. In addition to face to face communication, a new form of virtual communication has become more predominant.
2. Read the text again and check (✔) the sentences True or False. Correct the false ones.
1. The word “computer” is a new term.
2. Computers automatically carry out arithmetic or logical operations.
3. In 17th century, the word “computer” referred to a person who carried out calculations, or computations.
4. Computers were accessible to anyone in the beginning.
5. In the beginning, computers were not as big as the ones which we have today.
6. Computers and the Internet have shaped new social relations.