10. Sınıf Dikey Yayıncılık İngilizce Çalışma Kitabı Sayfa 161 Cevabı
1. Read the text and match the sentences below with the super powers Superman has.
1. He cannot be hurt. a) heat vision
2. He can see through walls. b) super-breath
3. He can shoot heat from his eyes. c) frost-breath
4. He can blow super hard. d) invulnerability
5. He can freeze things. e) X-ray vision
Superman is from a planet called Krypton. His name was Kal-El. His father, Jor-El, found out that their planet was going to explode. Jor-El sent his baby son to the Earth in a spacecraft to save him. Jonathan and Martha Kent found and adopted Kal-El. They named him Clark Kent. The Kents raised him as their own son in a town called Smallville,
Kansas in the United States. As he grows up, Clark finds out that he has special powers. He has the power of invulnerability. He is strong enough to lift almost anything and he can fly. Superman can run and move faster than a bullet. He has X-ray vision, and heat vision. He can freeze things with his frostbreath and his super-breath. He decides to use his special powers to fight against crime and save people in danger. He wears a blue and red costume and a cape to keep his real name a secret. He saves the entire world many times. Superman moves to a city called Metropolis and becomes a reporter for the Daily Planet, a newspaper. He falls in love with another reporter, Lois Lane He is weak against radioactive rocks from his home planet that are called “kryptonite”. Kryptonite weakens him, so he cannot use his powers for a long time, and he cannot move. Sometimes, his enemies use it to hurt him.
2. Read the text again and answer the questions below.
1. Why did his father send Kal-El to the Earth?
2. Who raised Kal-El after his planet exploded?
3. What kind of costume does he wear to keep his real name a secret?
4. Where does he work, and what does he do after he moves to Metropolis?
5. Who is Lois Lane?
6. What kind of weaknesses does he have?