10. Sınıf Dikey Yayıncılık İngilizce Ders Kitabı Sayfa 86 Cevabı
1. Do you use social media? What do you usually do on social networking sites? How much time do you spend a day on social networks? Share your answers with the class.
2. Read the text and match the paragraphs with the headings below. Write the appropriate numbers in the boxes.
1. Opportunities for Businesses 4. Friends and Relations
2. Leads to Addiction 5. Affecting Productivity at Workplace
3. Leads to Isolation 6. Reducing Communication Barriers
Social Media – A Good Thing or a Bad Thing? That is the most frequently asked question today. Well, there are always two sides of everything. Social networks started as a place to connect with our friends in an easy way. Truly speaking, many of us keep in touch with our friends through social networking sites. With social networks, we are able to express our thoughts and raise our voice. Sharing on the social networks makes our opinion about any topic reach many people. Companies have also noticed the value of social networks. As social marketing is effective and has a huge audience, they are using social marketing more. Studies have shown that the extensive use of social media can actually cause addiction to the users. Throughout their day, they feel to post something on their pages or check others’ posts as it has become a very important part of their life. Extreme usage of social media has reduced the level of human interaction. Because of social websites, people have isolated their lives behind their online identities, and as a result, face to face communication has been reduced. Many companies think that social media affects employee productivity in a negative way. You may think it’s harmless to check a tweet or respond to a message on social media, but it will take you a long time to get back on track. We have mentioned a few positive and negative points of social media, but it doesn’t explain that social media is good or a bad thing. It stands somewhere in between.
3. Now listen and follow the text. Pay attention to the pronunciation of the words in bold.