10. Sınıf Dikey Yayıncılık İngilizce Ders Kitabı Sayfa 87 Cevabı
4. Read the text again. Do you agree with the ideas about social media? Can you give some other examples for positive and negative effects of social media?
Positive: I believe social media has more positive effects than the negative ones. For example, you are able to send instant messages to your family members and friends, so you can easily make plans and programs and organize
events with the help of social media.
Negative: I think social media affects us in many negative ways. For instance, you can waste your time for unimportant chit-chats, and therefore, you can ignore your responsibilities.
5. Do you know what an avatar is? Read the definition below. Do you have an avatar on the Net? Do you have a digital friend who has an avatar on the Net? Share your answers with your classmates.
avatar noun [C] a character or creature that you create to represent yourself in a computer game, on the Internet, etc.
My cousin Ahmet, who is fifteen years old, can make and upload his own vlogs. He also has a pretty cool avatar on the Net. He says you need to create an account for each person who wants an avatar.
6. Create an avatar and give an identity to him or her. Then work with your partner and act out a dialogue between your avatars. Follow the outline below.
• Introduce yourself.
• Give some information about your social networking habits. What do you do on social media? How much time do you spend a day on social networking sites? How many online friends do you have? etc.
• Exchange your ideas about positive and negative effects of social media.