10. Sınıf Dikey Yayıncılık İngilizce Ders Kitabı Sayfa 98 Cevabı
1. Do you like watching Spider-Man movies? Do you like Spider-Man as a superhero? Why? Why not? Share your ideas with your classmates.
2. Work with your partner. Use your dictionaries to study the meanings of the words below.
3. Read the text and answer the questions below.
1. When did Peter have the strength and agility of a spider?
2. What did he want to do first when he had spider powers?
3. Why did he refuse to stop the robber in the wrestling arena?
4. How did he feel when he saw his uncle shot by a carjacker?
5. Who was the carjacker?
6. What did Peter decide to do after the death of his uncle?
When he was in his final year of high school, Peter was touring the science lab of Columbia University. While there, an escaped spider fell upon Peter and bit him. This gave Peter the strength and agility of a spider. Peter decided to use his powers to become a wrestler. After the wrestling, the promoter refused to pay him the full money. While Peter was leaving the wrestling arena, he saw a robber escaping with the money. Peter refused to stop him. However, when he was walking down the streets, he found out that his uncle Ben was shot by a carjacker who stole his car. Angry and bitter, Peter wanted to confront the carjacker. He tracked down the carjacker to a building with no lights. He wanted to see the face of the man. Therefore, he pushed him into the light of a window. The carjacker was the same person who robbed the arena that same night. After his uncle’s death, he decided to use his powers to fight crime and help people in need. He learned “with great power, comes great responsibility”. Then he became Spider Man.