11. Sınıf Cem Yayınları İngilizce Çalışma Kitabı Sayfa 39 Cevabı 2017 – 2018 Yeni Müfredat
11. Sınıf Cem Yayınları İngilizce Çalışma Kitabı Sayfa 39 Cevabı
Read the short text about Kayseri and answer the following questions.
Mixing Seljuk tombs, mosques and modern developments, Kayseri is both Turkey’s most Islamic city after Konya and one of the economic powerhouses nicknamed the ‘Anatolian tigers’. Most travellers ignore the town on their way from the airport to Cappadocia’s villages, only seeing the ugly industrial factories on Kayseri’s outskirts. However, the city center of this Turkish boomtown is full of surprises. You can walk through the narrow bazaar streets and do pottery in the stores. Also, you can visit the Seljuk and Ottoman monuments – all under the protection of mighty Mount Erciyes.
1. What is Kayseri mostly famous for?
2. Why do most people prefer not to visit Kayseri?
3. Write two things that you can do in Kayseri.
4. Would you like to visit Kayseri? Why / Why not? Discuss with your friends.