11. Sınıf Meb Yayınları İngilizce Çalışma Kitabı Sayfa 17 Cevabı 2017 – 2018 Yeni Müfredat
11. Sınıf Meb Yayınları İngilizce Çalışma Kitabı Sayfa 17 Cevabı
Choose the correct option which has the similar meaning.
1. I went back to school when I recovered from the bad cold.
a) I was having a bad cold when I went back to school.
b) After I had recovered from the bad cold, I went back to school.
2. Nick helped me a lot as I was trying to overcome the hard times.
a) While I was trying to overcome the hard times, Nick helped me.
b) Before Nick helped me, I overcame the hard times.
3. While you were lying on the beach last summer, I was working.
a) During the summer holiday you were lying on the beach and I was working.
b) Before I worked last summer, you were lying on the beach.
4. When the teacher asked me a question, I was enjoying a daydream.
a) The teacher asked me a question, then I started daydreaming.
b) I started daydreaming before the teacher asked me a question.
5. As he was performing on the stage, the audience were applauding strongly.
a) While the audience were applauding strongly, he was performing on the stage.
b) After he performed on the stage, the audience applauded strongly.
6. She inspired her students to succeed while she was giving a speech.
a) She inspired her students to succeed before she gave a speech.
b) As she was giving a speech, she inspired her students to succeed.
^ Complete the sentences with the correct form of the verbs.
1. I________________(talk) to the school counsellor when you________________(call) me.
2. While she_______________(prepare) for the exam, she________________(be) mostly
stressed with her parents’ pressure.
3. What_______________(you/look) at when you________________(crash) your car into a tree?
4. Nick________________(have) a hard time as his friends________________(make) fun of him.
5. The doctor________________(not prescribe) any medication when she________________
(see) the small cut on my hand.
6. _______________(you/get) help from an expert while you________________(try) to get rid of
your cyber addiction?
JO) Write full sentences using the words in brackets without changing the meaning.
1. She / understand that it was an impossible wish. Then, she / give up the fight. (when)
When she understood that it was an impossible wish, she gave up the fight.
2. Mrs Currie / carry out an experiment. She / discover a new element. (while)
3. I / leave the classroom. My friends / still have an exam inside. (when)
4. Dave / depend on his scholarship. He / study abroad. (as)
5. They / reach the end of the road. The jury / reject their project. (when)
6. The workers / expose themselves to poison. They work without masks (while)