11. Sınıf Meb Yayınları İngilizce Çalışma Kitabı Sayfa 18 Cevabı 2017 – 2018 Yeni Müfredat
11. Sınıf Meb Yayınları İngilizce Çalışma Kitabı Sayfa 18 Cevabı
Fiil in the blanks with the correct words.
get rid of / prescribe / apply / embarrass / humiliate / eriticise / bully
1. My parents often______________me in public by calling me “my little pumpkin”.
2. I hope I won’t______________myself during my performance. I don’t want to look like an idiot.
3. You should______________sunscreen before you swim if you don’t want to get sunburnt.
4. How can I______________acne? I don’t want it on my face anymore.
5. Hector, who was a big annoying boy, used to______________me when I was at middle school.
6. The doctor didn’t want to______________antibiotics. He just recommended some rest.
7. I used to______________myself more often but I’ve made peace with myself now.
9 Read the dialogue between Mike and the counsellor, Mr Spector. Complete the sentences with the correct idioms. Make necessary changes.
/ ups and downs / pain in the neck / make fun of
Mike: Hello, Mr Spector. Can I have a word with you?
Mr Spector: Sure, Mike. What’s the problem?
Mike: It’s about my brother, Kevin. He is a real (1)______________. He always tries to make me
annoyed and unhappy.
Mr Spector: Do you want to tell me all about it?
Mike: He’s always wearing my T-shirts and using my computer without my permission. What’s
more, he’s always (2)______________me in front of my friends at school. It’s embarrassing! I
don’t want my friends to laugh at me anymore. Unfortunately, this is not even the real problem!
Mr Spector: What do you mean?
Mike: I can’t concentrate on my exams. It’s like a (3)______________. When I feel stressful and
depressed, I don’t want to study. If I don’t study hard, I won’t be able to succeed in the final exams. We all have (4)_____________in life. But I wonder when these bad times will go away!
Mr Spector: Don’t worry. We’ll …
9 Do the puzzle.
4. a strong need or desire to have something harmful
5. a small red spot on your skin; acne
6. belief and confidence in your abilities Down
1. a soft cream that is put on the skin for medical purposes
2. a doctor who treats skin diseases
3. competition for the same thing
5. the act of making somebody do something by using influence
6. a mark on the skin after you have had a cut or wound