11. Sınıf Meb Yayınları İngilizce Çalışma Kitabı Sayfa 19 Cevabı 2017 – 2018 Yeni Müfredat
11. Sınıf Meb Yayınları İngilizce Çalışma Kitabı Sayfa 19 Cevabı
Read the embarrassing anecdotes written for a website. Match the headings with the paragraphs.
1. A Careless Mind______2. It’s Noisy İnside__________3. Stupid or Brave_______
We asked our readers to tell us about their most embarrassing stories. Here are some of the funniest ones.
THEME 0 B Ups and Downs
1 One day when I was in the sixth grade, we were playing Truth or Dare in the school garden. It was my turn and a boy called Big Jimmy, who used to be a horrible bully, said that my dare was to catch a bee with my hand. I accepted to do it because I wanted to show him that I was not afraid of him. So, I 5 chased a bee and caught it easily, but I didn’t realise that the bee was right next to its hive. As you can guess, hundreds of angry bees started chasing me. While I was running away, my friends were all laughing at me.
Last weekend, I went shopping with my mum. I chose a few things but I wasn’t quite sure which one to buy. I decided to ask my mum for her opinion. She was looking at some stuff too. I went near her and started to talk about the clothes I chose. She turned and looked at me and then I realised that she wasn’t my “mum”! I got confused between my mother and this woman, since they were wearing identical dresses. I quickly ran away and left the clothes there. That was the most embarrassing moment of my life!
It was the last exam of the year and I was so happy to finally graduate from the secondary school. We were having Math exam and the classroom was so silent that we could hear each other breathing. I didn’t have time for breakfast and my stomach decided to make that dying whale sound. I coughed to cover up that embarrassing sound. But it happened again and again. Everybody turned their heads to me and laughed. They are calling me “the Dying Whale” since then!
[5) Read again and answer the foMowing questions.
1. What did his friend want Brad to do?
2. Why did he accept the dare?
3. Why did Ada talk to a strange woman?
4. Why did she confuse her mother with the woman?
5. How did everybody in the classroom hear the noise coming from Martin’s stomach?
6. Why did his stomach sound like a dying whale?
Jî) Look at the highlighted words and find out what they refer to.
1. him (line 4)
2. it (line 5)
3. She (line 11)
4. they (line 13)
5. we (line 17)
6. it (line 19)