11. Sınıf Meb Yayınları İngilizce Çalışma Kitabı Sayfa 20 Cevabı 2017 – 2018 Yeni Müfredat
11. Sınıf Meb Yayınları İngilizce Çalışma Kitabı Sayfa 20 Cevabı
Fiil in the blanks with the correct form of the verbs in brackets.
127 Hours is a fascinating movie based on a true story. On April 26, 2003, Aron Ralston, who is an adventurous mountain climber, went hiking through the canyons in southeast of Utah. He (1) didn’t tell (tell) anyone where he was going. And he
(2)_______________(not take) his mobile phone
with him when he (3)_______________(set out)
on his journey. While he (4)_______________
(climb) down into a canyon, a large piece of rock (5)
_______________(move) and his right arm was
stuck. He tried to lift and break the stone but it was
too heavy for him. When he (6)_______________
(understand) that he couldn’t get out by himself, he
(7)_______________(start) to shout. Unfortunately,
no one heard him and he thought he would die without help. He had only a litre of water, two burritos and a little chocolate in his backpack. He spent 127 hours, which also means five and a half days, alone
in the canyon. When nobody (8)_______________
(come) for help, he (9)_______________(decide)
to cut his arm off. He (10)_______________(use) a
two-inch dull knife while he (11)_______________
(perform) the amputation. With his awful pain he climbed the 20 metre wall with one arm and walked towards his vehicle, which was 8 miles away. He (12)
_______________(be) lucky enough to encounter .
a family as he (13)_______________(walk). They
immediately called for help.
Rewrite the sentences with used to if possible.
1. I spent long hours in front of the video game console when I was a teenager.
2. We were good friends. We didn’t criticise each other for our failures.
3. It was an embarrassing interview for me as I couldn’t give a good presentation.
4. How did you deal with stress when you were a student, mum?
5. I didn’t depend on my parents when I was at university because I worked part-time.
6. Why did you drop out of cooking class?
9 Choose the correct options.
_an eating disorder when you were a child?
b) use to had c) use to have
I learned how to avoid things that_______________me before.
a) used to stress b) use to stress c) used to stressing
a) used to have
a) didn’t used to stay
_ positive when she went through a difficult time. use to stay c) used to stay
___________that every cloud has a silver lining.
didn’t use to believe c) didn’t use to believed
Before I started doing yoga, I__
a) didn’t used to believe b)
Who_______________for help when you couldn’t find a solution by yourself?
a) did you use to ask b) did you used to asked c) were you use to ask