11. Sınıf Meb Yayınları İngilizce Ders Kitabı Sayfa 29 Cevabı 2017 – 2018 Yeni Müfredat
11. Sınıf Meb Yayınları İngilizce Ders Kitabı Sayfa 29 Cevabı
Guess the meanings of the underlined idioms and choose the correct option.
Q Read the magazine page and fiil in the blanks with the names of the people.
1. When John lost his job, he fell on hard times and sold his house.
a) He had a difficult life because he was short of money.
b) He had to work in difficult conditions.
2. I used to work part time to make ends meet when I was at university.
a) I didn’t use to have any money.
b) I could hardly afford my needs.
3. If you want something so much, you should pursue your dreams and take action.
a) Just wait and don’t do anything.
b) Do your best to make your dreams come true.
4. When she failed the final exam, her school life came to the end of the road.
a) She couldn’t continue.
b) She graduated successfully.
5. I didn’t ask any help from my family until I hit rock bottom. It was a mistake.
a) I reached the worst possible point.
b) I felt happy to achieve my goals.
1 …………was an unsuccessful
student when he/she was a child.
2 ………………..‘s teachers didn’t believe
he/she would succeed in the future.
3 …………………became homeless with his/
her big family.
4 …………………had to leave his/her own
country for political reasons.
5 ………………..kept up hard work although
he/she was physically handicapped.
6 ………………..had to leave school
because of financial problems.
7 ………………..never gave up in hard
[a Read the texts again and answer the following questions.
1. Why did Jim Carrey become an unsuccessful student?
2. How did Jim’s mother support him to be a comedian?
3. Why did Einstein have difficulty at primary school?
4. How did the political discrimination affect Einstein’s life?
5. How did Marla become a successful athlete?
6. What is the main idea of this magazine page?
Choose the highlighted words in the texts and complete the sentences.
1. Don’t____________the fight if you
want to make your dreams come true.
2. Children____________from poor
health conditions during the wars.
3. Science magazines usually
____________children to be curious
4. Martin had to____________the course
since he couldn’t afford it anymore.
5. You can easily____________your
problems with the help of your friends.