11. Sınıf Meb Yayınları İngilizce Ders Kitabı Sayfa 57 Cevabı 2017 – 2018 Yeni Müfredat
11. Sınıf Meb Yayınları İngilizce Ders Kitabı Sayfa 57 Cevabı
A. Read the foMowing statements and write true (T) or false (F).
O 1. In China, you shouldn’t open a gift in front of the person who gives it to you. Q 2. In the USA, you shouldn’t give a tip to the waiter who serves you.
O 3. In Japan, you should always laugh with your mouth open and show your teeth. O 4. In Argentina, if you go to a feast on time, you make your host quite happy.
O 5. In Haiti, whistling and making direct eye contact are examples of bad habits.
B. Read the text and check your ansvvers.
THEY ARE BAD, AREN’T THEY?
Bad habits vary from cu|ture t° cu|ture.
When we travel around the wor|d, we rea|ise and experience this better. As it is said ( °ne( man’s meat is the other’s poison’; onecultures offensive habit can be quite acceptab|e in another culture. Here are some’ •
• In the USA, not giving a tip to the per^n who serves you is considered to be _a bad habit-In Japan it is vice versa. If you give a tip to ^ server,you insult that person because it is his duty to do his best.
• Open mouth laughing is genera||y thoughtto be a way of showing happiness. However, in Japan, it is considered to be impo|ite.
• Whistling can be seen as a way of makmgmusic
but in Haiti whistling is quite rude.. And also making direct eye c°ntact is a bad behaviour there. .
• Being punctual is the sign of a good personality. N0, it isn’t the same in Argentina, cornincj
on time is not a very good habit there. ^ means coming at least an hour earlier than expected and your host may be busy with the preparations.
• Opening a gift in front of a gift presenterjs a good way to show your happiness about it. d However, but in China and Indm it isnt a gooJ idea to open the gift as soon as you receiveit because they may think y°u’re quite a greedy person.