11. Sınıf Meb Yayınları İngilizce Ders Kitabı Sayfa 94 Cevabı 2017 – 2018 Yeni Müfredat
11. Sınıf Meb Yayınları İngilizce Ders Kitabı Sayfa 94 Cevabı
Which of the structures do these features belong to? Choose the correct option.
♦ It is the most common type of public building.
♦ It is used for religious activities.
♦ It contains statues, symbols and figures that represent the belief system.
a) a library b) a temple c) a theatre
9 Guess the meanings of the idioms and match them with the statements.
O 1. The mysteries of prehistoric times can be solved with ancient artefacts.
O 2. Scientists stili have difficulty in understanding how pyramids were built.
O 3. Archaeologists are extremely excited about the recent excavations in Göbekli Tepe.
O 4. This is just the beginning. There are numerous questions waiting to be answered.
9 Choose the closest meanings of the underlined words.
1. If you have any questions, you can get in touch with the information desk.
2. The city library is a gold mine for me. I can find every kind of books there.
a) a way to be rich
b) a rich source of information
3. We don’t have much information about prehistoric times as people could not write.
a) before the recorded history
b) after the recorded history
4. The archaeologists decide on the period of the artefacts using carbon-dating.
a) a method of finding the age
b) a method of copying something
5. Historians agree that the temple was built by the hunter-gatherers since there was no sign of farming on the land.
a) people who live on farming
b) people who live by killing animals
6. After the earthquakes, the stone pillars were damaged and couldn’t support the ancient library.
a) huge ancient doors
b) tall standing structures