12. Sınıf İngilizce Beceri Temelli Etkinlik Kitabı Sayfa 50 Cevapları Meb Yayınları‘na ulaşabilmek ve dersinizi kolayca yapabilmek için aşağıdaki yayınımızı mutlaka inceleyiniz.
12. Sınıf İngilizce Beceri Temelli Etkinlik Kitabı Cevapları Sayfa 50
Read the news story and complete the blanks with the following numbers.
First Artificial Energy
Island on Danish Coast
Denmark is preparing to build a huge island to supply energy for millions of households and green hydrogen for use in industry, transportation and aviation. The world’s first energy island will be situated (1) off the west coast of the country. When it is completed, it will be as big as 18 football pitches, serving as a hub for (2) offshore wind
tribunes. Being the largest construction project in Danish history, the artificial island will cost
about (3)________The Danish Energy Agency
reported that the country, which is the primary stakeholder, would be partners with the private sectors in this project.
Setting up the world’s first wind farms back in (4) , Denmark has been a leader
in onshore and offshore wind farms. The government announced that the country had decided to stop searching for oil and gas in the North Sea and started to invest more in alternative energy sources. The Nordic country intends to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by (5) within a decade. “This is truly
a great moment for Denmark and for global green transition,” said the Energy Minister Dan Jorgensen.
The energy island, estimated to be in service in (6) , will produce energy more than
the country needs; therefore, it will be capable of distributing electricity to the neighboring countries, too. The capacity of the energy hub, calculated to be (7) in the initial
phase, can be increased by three times in the future. In this way, millions of households in Europe will be able to use the green energy provided by the giant island.
6. Read the news story again and answer the questions below.
1 What is the purpose of constructing an energy island?
2 Who are the sponsors in project finance?
3 How has Denmark contributed to the reduction of greenhouse gases so far?
4 What is Denmark planning to do with the excess energy produced on the island?
5 How will the number of countries benefiting from the island be increased?
7. Work in groups and discuss the questions below.
a How does the use of fossil fuels affect the environment? b How can we reduce our carbon footprints? c Can renewable energy completely replace fossil fuels in the future? d What is the most promising alternative energy source of the future? e Are you pleased with the renewable energy policies in the world? Why/Why not?
12. Sınıf Meb Yayınları İngilizce Beceri Temelli Etkinlik Kitabı Sayfa 50 Cevabı ile ilgili aşağıda bulunan emojileri kullanarak duygularınızı belirtebilir aynı zamanda sosyal medyada paylaşarak bizlere katkıda bulunabilirsiniz.