8. Sınıf Tutku Yayınları İngilizce Çalışma Kitabı Sayfa 59 Cevabı
8. Sınıf Tutku Yayıncılık İngilizce Çalışma Kitabı Sayfa 59 Cevabı
What is lightning? Match the pictures with the sentences to answer the question. The pictures are in the correct order.
A Positively charged atoms go to the top of the cloud and negative atoms to the bottom.
B When the negatively charged atoms are at the bottom of the cloud and become crowded, they jump to another part of the cloud, to a different cloud or to the ground. This jump is electricity and is called lightning.
C Electrical charges develop inside a storm cloud.
Read the sentences below and put them in the correct column to stay safe in a lightning storm.
1 • .Find shelter in a house or a small shed,
1. Fly kites or model planes.
2. Stay in the car or under a group of trees.
3. Find shelter in a house or a small shed.
4. Ride a bicycle.
5. Drop anything you’re carrying that’s made of metal.
6. Stay near windows and metal objects, such as radiators.
7. Use a phone.
8. Stay low to the ground.
9. Be the tallest thing around.
10. Get away from water, wire fences, washing lines and metal pipes.