11. Sınıf Meb Yayınları İngilizce Çalışma Kitabı Sayfa 50 Cevabı 2017 – 2018 Yeni Müfredat
11. Sınıf Meb Yayınları İngilizce Çalışma Kitabı Sayfa 50 Cevabı
Do the quiz about İstanbul and choose the correct option.
Did you know?
1. İstanbul is one of________tourist destinations in Europe.
a) more popular b) the most popular c) most popular d) as popular as
2. Although it is not the capital, with 14 million people it is________city of Turkey.
a) the largest b) larger c) as large as d) large
3. İstanbul is________Greece, the population of which is only 10 million.
a) more crowded b) the most crowded c) as crowded d) more crowded than
4. Tulips were actually originated in İstanbul but Turkey is not________the Netherlands for its tulips.
a) more famous b) most famous c) as famous as d) the more famous
5. The Grand Bazaar in İstanbul is one of________shopping malls with more than 3000 shops in
a) oldest b) older c) the oldest d) the old
6. The nightlife in İstanbul is________New York. Both cities are full of energy through the night.
a) as alive as b) more alive c) the most alive d) the more alive
7. Culinary tourism, also known as gastronomy tourism, has become________in İstanbul recently.
a) most popular b) more popular c) as popular as d) the most popular
8. İstanbul is________the most popular European cities in cultural and historical heritage.
a) richer b) richest c) the richer d) as rich as
9. The number of tourists visiting İstanbul is growing________most of the European cities.
a) fastest b) the fastest c) faster than d) faster
10. The Tünel, the second________subway system of the world, was built in 1875 in İstanbul.
a) as old as b) older than c) oldest d) the oldest
9 Complete the second sentence so that it means the same as the first one.
1. You will learn many things if you travel a lot.
The more you_________________________________________________________________.
2. As I read about mythology, I become more interested in ancient history.
3. If we leave the hotel earlier, we can visit many places.
4. Kayaköy is an extraordinary town. Birgi is an extraordinary town, too.
Kayaköy is as_________________________________________________________________.
5. Last year I stayed at my grandparents’ summerhouse longer than usual.
Usually, I don’t stay at my grandparents’ summerhouse_________________________________
6. After the restorations, the old town attracts more tourists than it used to.
Before the restorations, the old town didn’t___________________________________________
Complete the sentences in your own words using comparative and superlative forms.
1. I think beach holiday is__________________________________________adventure holiday.
2. Hot-air ballooning over Cappadocia can be___________________________________________.
3. Trekking is__________________________________________the other extreme sports.
4. I think my hometown is__________________________________________in Turkey.
5. The Black Sea coast isn’t__________________________________________the Aegean coast.
6. The richer cultural heritage a country has,__________________________________________