11. Sınıf Meb Yayınları İngilizce Çalışma Kitabı Sayfa 64 Cevabı 2017 – 2018 Yeni Müfredat
11. Sınıf Meb Yayınları İngilizce Çalışma Kitabı Sayfa 64 Cevabı
Look at the photos and circle the correct option.
These vegetables are_______________________________________
a) ingredients for soup. b) instruments for a concert. c) both
The Vienna Vegetable Orchestra is a group of musicians who play vegetables. The idea was born and carried out by these self-organised men and vvomen who came from different musical backgrounds. Ali the instruments used are exclusively made from fresh vegetables as well as dried plants like carrot, leek, celery root, artichoke, pumpkin, onion ete.
On the day of a concert, the orchestra buys fresh vegetables from the öpen markets before the performance to make their instruments. These inelude wind instruments made from carrots and percussion instruments made from aubergines. The sounds are strengthened with microphones.
The orchestra plays different musical styles from electronic music to jazz. Their music is constantly developing and when they go on a tour, they experiment with local vegetables. Left över vegetables after preparing the instruments go into the soup which is served to the audience after the performance. Other vegetables go into the organic waste.
Their third CD “Onionoise” is a unigue exploration of the acoustic gualities of vegetables.
[m Read the text and choose the correct answer.
1. All the instruments musicians play_________________.
a) can’t be eaten b) are recycled c) sound terrible
2. The musicians in the orchestra_________________.
a) play songs about b) always make the same c) like playing new
vegetables instruments vegetables
3. At the end of the performances, some parts of the instruments________________.
a) are eaten b) are sold c) are thrown away
4. The orchestra prefers playing_________________.
a) electro music b) various types of music c) only jazz
Read the text again and answer the questions.
1. How can the audience hear these instruments?
2. How can people listen to them?